Why use PrestaSpirit ?
PrestaSpirit is a Composer repository. It aggregates public PrestaShop module installable with Composer.
“Composer is a tool for dependency management in PHP. It allows you to declare the dependent libraries your project needs and it will install them in your project for you.”
- Avoid committing modules into Shop source control.
- Avoid having to use git submodules.
- Update module to the latest versions.
- Manage PrestaShop and non-PrestaShop project libraries with the same tools.
- Could eventually be used to manage dependencies between modules.
How do I use it?
PrestaSpirit find modules and lets Composer know where to get the code from. You must use Composer to manage your PrestaShop modules.
- Add PrestaSpirit repository to your composer.json :
$ composer config repositories.prestaspirit composer https://prestaspirit.org
- Install desired PrestaShop module :
$ composer require vendor/module-name#version
- Update PrestaShop module :
$ composer update vendor/module-name